The idea of a breakfast ice-cream appeals to me but this is just as good late at night or actually who am I to tell you when to eat ice cream…
(Makes enough for 2 or 3)
1 cup walnuts
2 frozen bananas
1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
1 tablespoon brandy (optional)
- Put the walnuts into your kitchen whizz and blitz them until they form a smooth butter, this may take a few minutes, but it will happen trust me.
- Take the bananas out of the freezer and take the skin off. If you dunk them in warm water of a couple of seconds the skin will just peel off, or you can cut it off with a knife.
- Chop the banana into four pieces and put them into the whizz with the walnut butter.
- (If you are adding the maple syrup and or brandy add this now too)
- The banana can get a bit stuck so you may have to stop the whizz and move the banana pieces around a few times. (You do not want this process to take to long because you don’t
want the mixture to melt)
- Keep doing this until you have a lovely smooth ice cream.
- This is better eaten straight away but you can put it in the freezer for later. (If you do this take it out about 10 minutes before you need it so it can soften).