These are lovely with a scoop of coconut yoghurt, chutney and a green salad.
4 large potatoes or if you prefer kumara would be good to
2 medium to large onions, finely chopped
A very good glug of coconut oil
1 ½ tsp Mustard seeds
1 ½ green chilli, finely chopped
1 tsp turmeric
1 ½ tsp garam marsala
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp flaky salt
Good grind of black pepper
1 heaped cup spinach, finely chopped
- Heat the oven to 180.
- Put the potatoes into the oven to cook they will take just over an hour depending on their size.
- Put the coconut oil in a heavy bottomed pan over a medium heat, then add the onions turn the heat to low and let them cook slowly until they are soft and just starting to caramelise.
- Add the mustard seeds and stir them around for a few minutes with the onions until they start to pop.
- Then add everything else except the spinach and let it cook for a further few minutes stirring often, add more oil if you need it.
- Lastly add the spinach and let this wilt into the mixture again stirring often. Once this has happened take it off the heat.
- When the potatoes are cooked take them out of the oven and let them cool for about 5 minutes. Then cut off a thin portion of the top of each one and scoop out most of the potato leaving a small amount protecting the skins.
- Mix the potato into the onion mixture and then spoon it back into the potato skins.
- Put them back into the oven to heat through and then they are done.